We’re dedicating today’s Top Story to the people and publications that I rely on to find the most interesting medical imaging stories. Assuming that you already subscribe to The Imaging Wire, these are the 35 other newsletters, websites, blogs, and accounts to follow if you want to know what’s happening in radiology.
I’ll always check the mainstream radiology news websites (Aunt Minnie, Health Imaging, et al.) and the major medical imaging journals (RSNA, EJR, JACR, etc.), but in order to find news that you won’t see elsewhere and understand how it impacts radiology, the juiciest stories usually come from the people of medical imaging.
- Brian Casey Insights – Brian is the GOAT of radiology news and he has some big stuff coming up.
- AI for Radiology – Kicky will get you caught up on AI quickly, and she’s an actual radiology AI insider.
- Signify Research – Home of the best radiology analysis, backed by actual market data.
- Dr. Lauren Oakden-Rayner – My favorite radiology blogger. Her posts don’t just cover the news, they are the news.
- Ben White, MD – Excellent insights into the business of being a working radiologist.
- Aunt Minnie Forums – The Rads on the AM Forums can get nasty, but their insights are nice.
- Hardian Health – A must read if you’re trying to navigate AI regulatory issues.
- PACSMan – When Mike sent us our first hatemail I was pumped that someone was reading, and his Aunt Minnie editorials keep us pumped.
- Tom Greeson – Tom’s ReedSmith posts are a great way to know which radiology stories are actually significant and why.
The Best Radiology Social Media “Influencers” to Follow
Nowadays the juiciest news isn’t even published, it’s posted. And it’s often posted by these legends of radiology social media.
- Dr. Saurabh Jha – Fearless, funny, and makes us all smarter
- Jan Beger – Perhaps the best imaging AI follow on LinkedIn
- Dr. Geraldine McGinty – Dr. McGinty’s feed has become the moral compass of radiology
- Dr. Rizwan Malik – Incredibly insightful and uniquely autobiographical
- Andrew Murphy – A much needed radiographer voice in a sea of radiologists
- Dr. Nina Kottler – Eloquent and informed insights from the frontlines of imaging AI
- Dr. Amine Korchi – A radiologist with keen eye for business news (and a great writer)
- Dr. Laura Heacock – A leading voice on AI research and advancements
- Dr. Rich Duszak – My source for radiology leadership and responsible imaging
- Dr. Curt Langlotz – The first place I look for imaging AI context
The Best Healthcare Newsletters and Sites
It can be pretty comfy inside the radiology news bubble, but imaging is just one part of healthcare. That’s what makes these newsletters and websites from outside the reading room so important.
- Digital Health Wire (of course)
- Cardiac Wire (of course)
- Out of Pocket Health
- Second Opinion
- Rock Health
- Health API Guy
- Sensible Medicine
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Hospitalogy (which inspired this story)
- Healthcare Huddle
- Axios Vitals
- Talking Healthcare Technology
- Vator News
- Heath Tech Nerds
- Stat News
- Axios Vitals
If you want to stay informed about radiology news and know what’s going on across healthcare, these sources will give you everything you need. You can also join over 10k medical imaging lifers and sign up for The Imaging Wire and we’ll do it for you.
PS – If there’s any radiology publications or healthcare news sources that should be on this list, let me know!