GE Healthcare announced a major update to its molecular imaging lineup, launching the all-digital Omni Legend PET/CT.
The FDA-cleared and CE-marked Omni Legend is the first product to launch from GE’s new Omni PET/CT platform, and leverages an array of new technologies that drive big improvements to image quality, workflow efficiency, clinical versatility, and precision medicine.
- dBGO Detector – The Omni Legend is highlighted by its new digital BGO detector (dBGO), which provides 2.2-times higher sensitivity, 16% to 20% improved small lesion detection, and 53% faster PET scans.
- Precision DL – GE’s new Precision DL software expands the Omni Legend’s support for tracers “beyond FDG” (using image processing) and enhances image quality (using deep learning image reconstruction).
- Clinical Versatility – The above combination of sensitivity, image quality, and tracer compatibility allows the Omni Legend PET/CT to support a wider range of oncology, cardiac, and neuro use cases, in addition to supporting the diagnostics role within theranostics.
- Efficiency Forward – In addition to faster scan times, the Omni Legend supports GE’s efficiency solutions that streamline calibration (data quality assurance), simplify protocol selection (new UI), and reduce labor for patient positioning (AI-based Auto Positioning Camera).
- Future Ready – Like GE’s other recent advanced imaging launches, the Omni platform is built to support future upgrades, covering all core dimensions of PET/CT imaging (axial FOV, detector, software, CT, tracers, etc.).
A completely new PET/CT platform doesn’t come along very often, and GE Healthcare seems to have made the most of this rare occasion with Omni PET/CT, bringing many improvements that imaging teams are seeking today, along with the theranostics support and component upgradability that should pay off in the future.